Best Pandemic Movies : Who could have imagined that the 2020 resolution that all of us took could turn out into nothing but self isolation ad being quarantined at home. From the thought of going on trips to moving movies in theaters all of us are at home watching Netflix and doing nothing at all. When we entered in this year we encouraged ourselves t do better this year in all aspects but now all that we are doing includes arranging toilet papers for self and our family. Suddenly watching something new or some pandemic movie or series could has become a real big thing for all of us as it is something which relates to us .
After the widespread of the Corona Virus Pandemic there’s been a resurgence of interest in pandemic-themed films, with people apparently finding cathartic release in seeing their anxieties play out onscreen. But the only caution is not taking everything seriously that is shown in the movie or series.
There is a list of best pandemic movies which include-
- Contagion– this American thriller was released in the year 2011. During the quarantine time this movie has raced up to top 10 in the ITunes this month. This breathless multi-perspective narrative has been described as ultra-realistic by the World Health organisation and has been praised for its work for showing the actual representation of what an actual Pandemic in severe cases might look like. The cast of the show includes Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard (Inception), Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix), Jude Law (The Young Pope), Kate Winslet (Titanic), and Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) fill out the star-studded cast.
- Virus– the movie was released in the year 2019 and has the real life backdrop of the story of the Nipah Virus Outbreak. This virus had the mortality rate of 75 percent which is way more than that of the Corona virus Pandemic. The story follows physicians, epidemiologists, the minister for health, and a district collector and how they join the forces to sever people to get them out of the pandemic.
- Outbreak– this movie was released in the year 1995. It follows a similar pattern of quarantine that we are facing today. It is a story of a village in California which is under complete lockdown due Pandemic Movies to the widespread of the Ebola Virus jumping from monkey to humans and somehow the virus becomes air borne. The movie is not a horror nor does have an excellent storyline but for sure resembles our conditions and is a scary cinema.
- The Crazies– this movie was released in the year 19973 and talks about a military plane carrying untested bio weapons crashes in the hills of an American town and contaminates the water of that town. This results in a large portion of city being affected and resulting in a homicide. The government draft in the military to quash the spread of the disease, given instructions to shoot on sight. It is a low budget movie but has equally relevant and flourishing schemes’.
- 12 Monkeys– Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, and Madeleine Stowe starrer movie was released in 1995. The movie is a sci-fi thriller which finds a prisoner living in 2035 post-apocalyptic Philadelphia, trained and sent back in time to 1996 to find out about the virus so scientists in the future can come up with a cure. But the things don’t go as planned and ends up going wrong twice a year and ends up in a mental hospital. The movie hit five times the budget in the box office.