A 47-years old pharmacist -cum-production manager of a Chennai-based Ayurvedic product company died, leaving his boss hospitalized after drinking self-developed COVID-19 drugs.
The pharmacist, K.Sivanesan was a qualified ophthalmologist who worked with Sujatha Biotech an Ayurvedic and herbal products company. The managing director and owner of the company, Dr. Raj Kumar, 67, also consumed the chemical formula.
After the consumption of the drug, K.Sivanesan fainted and rushed to a private hospital in T.Nagar but declared dead on arrival.
However, Dr. Raj Kumar is recovering from the poisoning and his condition is stable now.
Sujatha Biotech was founded 30 years ago. It has a plant in Kashipur, Uttarakhand, where Sivanesan and his colleague were working on developing an antidote for the coronavirus and during a test, pharmacist they consumed a mix of nitric oxide and sodium nitrate which was believed to be used for COVID-19 treatment and to improve platelet count in the body.
Moreover, during the experiment both of them reportedly consumed Sodium Hydrate which used in soaps and petroleum refining. And in the end, all these chemicals proved fatal to them.